As you probably know, one of the most famous paintings which anybody could easily recognize is: Mona Lisa by Leonardo. And of course there are others which are easy to recognize such as: The Kiss by Klimt or The Creation Of Adam By Michelangelo. All of them are beautiful masterpieces.
Here is a list with top 12 most famous paintings in the world:
1. Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci – oil on poplar (1503-1506)
2. The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci – tempera on gesso, pitch and mastic (1495-1498)
3. Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh – oil on canvas (1889)
4. The Scream by Edvard Munch – oil, tempera, pastel on cardboard (1893)
5. The Kiss by Gustav Klimt – oil and gold leaf on canvas (1907–1908)
6. The Creation Of Adam by Michelangelo – fresco (1512)
7. The Girl With The Pearl Earing by Johannes Vermeer- oil on canvas (1665)
8. American Gothic by Grant Wood – oil on beaverboard (1930)
9. The Dream (Le Rêve) by Pablo Picasso – oil on canvas (1932)
10. The Birth Of Venus by Sandro Botticelli – tempera on canvas (1486)
11. The Anatomy Lesson Of Dr. Tulp by Rembrandt – oil on canvas (1632)
12. Bal Du Le Moulin De La Galette by Pierre Auguste Renoir – oil on canvas (1876)
images source: wikipedia.org
“Top 12 Famous Paintings In The World List” is based on our perspective and the research made is based on Google Search results.